LATERAL PATROL OFFICER
Salary Range $54,320 — $64,891
(Depending on years of P.O.S.T. service)
Recruitment Period – March 1st, 2019 – March 29th, 2019
Performs general police work protecting life and property, enforcing criminal and traffic laws and local ordinances, conducting investigations, and performing related work as required.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be an active P.O.S.T certified police officer from any state and have the ability to obtain Rhode Island P.O.S.T certification.
- Must be 21 years of age by the end of the application period.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must have the ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Must have the ability to pass a physical examination given by a physician, a drug screen, a psychological examination given by a psychological test center, an oral examination and a comprehensive background investigation.
The following items MUST be submitted with your Application:
- P.O.S.T certificate or proof of active status as a Rhode Island police officer.
- A copy of your Driver's License
Oral Examination Process
Only those applicants meeting all application procedures and minimum requirements may be admitted to the oral examination process. The oral exam process will be 100% of the final examination score. There will be a minimum passing score of 70% on the oral exam.
Candidates who pass the oral exam will have their names placed on an eligibility list in rank order of final examination scores, residency and veteran's points. Names shall remain on the eligibility list for a minimum of one year.
Applications can be submitted through PoliceApp.com or use the link:
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN MARCH 29th, 2019
When making an inquiry regarding your application, contact the Personnel Administration Office at (401)-435-7766 between Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm EST
At the City of East Providence we celebrate the diversity of our citizenry, and are proud to encourage inclusiveness in our workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
ADA/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER