2019 East Providence Police Department Recruitment
The East Providence Police Department is now accepting Applications for the position of Police Officer. We are looking for highly motivated candidates with a strong work ethic, a sense of responsibility to the community, and of high moral integrity. Applications are being accepted May 28th through July 1st.
Applications and required paperwork are available at:
- Must be at least 21 years of age by July 1, 2019.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write the English language.
- Must have the ability to pass a physical examination given by a physician, a physical fitness/agility examination, a written examination, an oral examination, a swim proficiency test(at the Police Academy), a drug screen, a psychological examination given by a psychological test center, and a comprehensive background investigation.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- At least one of the following:
- An education at least equal to the completion of an associate degree (60 credit hours), from an accredited college or university; OR
- Two years of honorable active military service or four years of honorable military reserve or National Guard service; OR
- Certification from the RI Municipal Police Academy as a municipal police officer; OR
- Three years of satisfactory employment as a correctional officer.
Applications are available at www.PoliceApp.com
Please click here to download the recruitment announcement