LATERAL PATROL OFFICER
Salary Range 52,210 — 62,317
(Depending on years of P.O.S.T. service)
Performs general police work protecting life and property, enforcing criminal and traffic laws and local ordinances, conducting investigations, and performing related work as required.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be an active Rhode Island P.O.S.T certified police officer, or have the ability to obtain P.O.S.T certification.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must have the ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Must have the ability to pass a physical examination given by a physician, a drug screen, a psychological examination given by a psychological test center, an oral examination and a comprehensive background investigation.
The following items MUST be brought in and submitted with your Application:
- Rhode Island P.O.S.T certificate or proof of active status as a Rhode Island police officer.
- A copy of your Driver's License
Oral Examination Process
Only those applicants meeting all application procedures and minimum requirements may be admitted to the oral examination process. Because this recruitment is continuous, oral exams will be scheduled periodically. Candidates will be selected for oral exams based upon the needs of the Police Department and other relevant factors as determined by the Police Chief. The oral exam process will be 100% of the final examination score. There will be a minimum passing score of 70% on the oral exam.
Candidates who pass the oral exam will have their names placed on an eligibility list in rank order of final examination scores, residency and veteran's points. Names shall remain on the eligibility list for up to one year. With the recruitment being open continuous, there may be readjustments to the rank ordering of the list as new candidates are interviewed and added to the eligibility list.
Submit a resume and application to
The City of East Providence
Human Resources Department Room 201
145 Taunton Avenue, East Providence RI 02914
Applications can be found at
www.eastprovidenceri.net under JOBS